How to get rid of bubble algae once and for all?

oc435

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2013
lincolnshire, IL
I just set up my tank a week ago and it is now cycling. I started with live sand, cultured live rock, RO/DI saltwater, and some equipment like a heater, thermometer, a glass cleaner, and a refractometer. My test kits will be arriving soon, but I've noticed that there is some bubble algae on a piece of the live rock. Today I took that piece of live rock out and manually removed them, but I bet there is still a few pieces, and I would like to remove it all as soon as possible. I have heard that emerald crabs eat it sometimes, but if they are not fed enough, they will go after small fish, and some inverts. I have also heard that urchins sometimes will eat it, but usually not. I was wondering if there was any way that I could get rid of it all by using some product? I have some polyps that came with the live rock, but their not particularly pretty, so if the method would not harm them, great, if so, fine. thanks!

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
The only effective method I would use is taking a small airline tube and scalpel or small sharp knife if you have one and cut away at the base while sucking water out and once it releases just suck it into the tube. It is pretty effective but even then I still find a bubble here and there. When I do water changes with a regular sized tube I with carefully kinda push the bubble I find until it either comes off or pops and when it pops the syphon sucks everything up in to it and I usually don't have to worry about more growing. But when you take a bubble out you gotta make sure you got all of it, otherwise it'll just grow back.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
Reduce running time from lighting to reduce photosynthesis - increase 02 to the area via powerhead flow thus reducing co2 - remove po4 - reduce nitrate + TDS

oc435

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2013
lincolnshire, IL
The only effective method I would use is taking a small airline tube and scalpel or small sharp knife if you have one and cut away at the base while sucking water out and once it releases just suck it into the tube. It is pretty effective but even then I still find a bubble here and there. When I do water changes with a regular sized tube I with carefully kinda push the bubble I find until it either comes off or pops and when it pops the syphon sucks everything up in to it and I usually don't have to worry about more growing. But when you take a bubble out you gotta make sure you got all of it, otherwise it'll just grow back.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Ya I saw that on mrsaltwatertank tv, thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store