Protein Skimmers

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Define best. Quality? Performance? Cost? Bang for the buck? etc. Most name brand protein skimmers work. Some work better and faster than others but are much more expensive.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
The best quality performance and price

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Oh then scratch that, bubble kings are amazing in quality and performance wise but there extremely expensive. I use coralife super skimmer, many will tell you there not that great but I've made some modifications and it works like a charm, only cost me $100 as well.

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
for hob go with reef octopus B-whatever you need; good price, works well, etc
for serious (expensive) skimming, go deltec hob
And then theres bubble king for in sump; absolute beast (but expensive). Other expensive alts are ATB and vertex alpha.

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Oh then scratch that, bubble kings are amazing in quality and performance wise but there extremely expensive. I use coralife super skimmer, many will tell you there not that great but I've made some modifications and it works like a charm, only cost me $100 as well.

I know my parents have the super skimmer but I've gotten some trouble with it but I cleaned it out and it works better now but it's hard choosing between the reef octopus and the super skimmer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store