Suddenly unstable Dat

STIGenome

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Wild Wild West
Hi all,

One of my Dat microlepis suddenly got unstable... The black strips suddenly got lightened... :cry:

Looked at the fellow closely, but I does not seems sick visually and is eating well...

Anyway to stablise it??? :(

Pls comment...

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
STIGenome said:
Hi all,

One of my Dat microlepis suddenly got unstable... The black strips suddenly got lightened... :cry:

Looked at the fellow closely, but I does not seems sick visually and is eating well...

Anyway to stablise it??? :(

Pls comment...
how long have you had him?

who are his tankmates?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
It has happened to me too. The stripes faded.Good thing the dat lightened up.
I love how the dat looks but its at Georges place now. I believe its genetics as i didnt do anything special on that guy.

P.S Its around 8-9 now and its a indo dat.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Same thing happened with my 12 inch indo.

He only gets his gold coloration back when I put my hand in the tank or when I add somthing to it.

Then he goes back to being dull.

STIGenome

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Wild Wild West
redtailfool said:
The change on mine was permanent. It lost the stripes almost completely. It seems to be common on Indos.

I'll have to dip my hand in to see if it changes back... Prob also common to siamese too... Will prob add some more plants and see how it goes...

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
could be hes just adjusting, mine was the same way. gave him a place to hide, and he came out when he was ready. mine had to compete for food at first as well, so he was kinda stressed until he got the hang of tank life. good luck!

cuban jey

"tha movement you bastards"
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
Tampa Bay
does anyone have pics of a large indo dat i just bought 2 and like to see how they look when older

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store