deep sea tanks?

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
Are there any deep sea tanks out there? I know that we have some high pressure tanks in our university in Tokyo. But i never saw one on public display. Does anyone here have some informations about it?
I would be very happy to read about it.

kasaki89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
hamilton
wouldnt be possible unless money literally grew on tree;s for you, the pressure system you'd need is just to complex for any normal household to handle.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
wouldnt be possible unless money literally grew on tree;s for you, the pressure system you'd need is just to complex for any normal household to handle.
I´m aware of that. I mean on public display. We have such high pressure tanks in Japan. They are huge. They keep deep sea sharks in them. But just for scientific research.

Prehistoric_Shark_Alive.jpg

Prehistoric_Shark_Alive.jpg

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
It's not very complex to keep the tank pressurized. All you do is pressurize the layer of gas on top of the water since you cannot compress water.

However, keeping that water pressurized through the filtration system and through water changes would be incredibly difficult.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
It's not very complex to keep the tank pressurized. All you do is pressurize the layer of gas on top of the water since you cannot compress water.

However, keeping that water pressurized through the filtration system and through water changes would be incredibly difficult.

thats what interests me most. I would really like to know how they do that.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
It's a dual chamber design. The first chamber is the display tank and the second is the filtration system. By separating the two, you can depressurize the second chamber without affecting the first chamber.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I read somewhere recently that there is now a research tank that recreates the conditions at the bottom of the Marianas trench, don't remember where it's at though

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store