Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Moldy Mealworms

  1. #1
    Soon To Be SFPD Swat Dr_Shakalu's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Activity
    09-03-2014 5:58 PM
    Posts
    1,062

    Moldy Mealworms

    Hi everyone. I don't mean that the mealworms have mold on them. Mealworms are the only live food that I feed to my fish. I always gut-load them with some spinach and carrots. I went away on business for 2 days and when I came back, the oatmeal that I keep them in was moldy because the area around the tank was a little humid. The mealworms were still alive so I'm wondering if it's still safe to feed my fish or would there be a problem because of the mold? Mealworms are cheap so I have no problem getting rid of them if they might make my fish sick. Thanks, Ed.
    The Doctor Says, "Don't Drink Water, Fish Pee in it."


    I'm Not A Fish Doctor, But I Did Stay At A Holiday Inn Last Night.





  2. #2
    Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK Red Devil's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Moderators
    Real Name
    elizabeth
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United states of America
    Posts
    34,130
    i would not take the chance and feed these.. just bits of the moldy oatmeal may be ingested along with the meal worm.. mold is definitly not good for fish.. and will cause sickness
    Be yourself.... everyone else is taken:
    We donít measure by inches any more, We measure by feet!



  3. #3
    Soon To Be SFPD Swat Dr_Shakalu's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Activity
    09-03-2014 5:58 PM
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    i would not take the chance and feed these.. just bits of the moldy oatmeal may be ingested along with the meal worm.. mold is definitly not good for fish.. and will cause sickness
    Yeah, it's better to be safe than sorry. At least mealworms are cheap and you can get them anywhere. Thanks.
    The Doctor Says, "Don't Drink Water, Fish Pee in it."


    I'm Not A Fish Doctor, But I Did Stay At A Holiday Inn Last Night.



  4. #4
    Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK Red Devil's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Moderators
    Real Name
    elizabeth
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United states of America
    Posts
    34,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Shakalu View Post
    Yeah, it's better to be safe than sorry. At least mealworms are cheap and you can get them anywhere. Thanks.
    yes not worth the worry...
    Be yourself.... everyone else is taken:
    We donít measure by inches any more, We measure by feet!



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •