Aro lost scales

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
Don't know what happened found this this morning :( hope they grow back ok.

IMGP1092.JPG

Vicara

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2013
Singapore
Wow what an coincidence. I came on here after noticing a slight bruise/scale hurt from my arowana supposing playing himself with the current/tube in the tank.

Don't worry they will grow back. Just keep clean water and make sure it doesn't get infected or something.

I remember some veterans in arowana keeping ever said... keeping these fishes having them jump and hurt themselves or scale drops are parts and parcel. So, relax ... :)

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Yea it looks like it banged or rubbed against the top of the tank. I would recommend dropping the water level a couple of inches when you have an Aro just for this reason.

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Nothing serious. Just keep it as normal and don't need to change anything. If you worry about any infection, a small dose of melafix will be good. But if not you can just keep it with some salt added into the water will be just fine.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nothing serious. Just keep it as normal and don't need to change anything. If you worry about any infection, a small dose of melafix will be good. But if not you can just keep it with some salt added into the water will be just fine.
+1 that's exactly what I did with mine he'll be fine

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
Did a water change and added a little salt when first saw it had happened.

gar fanatic

Candiru
MFK Member
May 29, 2011
SoCal
I just do water change when that happens to my arowana. I don't use salt coz imagine if that happens in the wild, noone will add salt in to the water theyre in. So it's just useless but if it will help you ease your mind then do it. And don't worry it will grow back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store