$2 a gallon sale? Rly?

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Dont know if its been said but apparently $1 a gallon was to much for petsmart so theyre doing a $2 per gallon. $2 a gallon? Really? Not very smart while petco is doing $1 a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
In Canada we dont have the dollar per gallon so this one is alright! Plus it comes with hood and lights not just the tank

Sent from my XT885 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Thought I saw this... but tbh all the 1$ per gallon sales = sumps for me anyways... I tend to break tanks/need replacements long before my hoods go.. and I'm betting they are the cheap hoods to boot. the 2$ per gallon not a bad deal if you want a new smaller tank... particularly since those boxed set-ups have cheap filters/heaters in them anyways... So better deal for a new hobbyist I imagine who wants a 20 or something. Or someone with a 10 that already has an upgraded filter and wants to upgrade to a 20 ect....

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
All the $1/gallon sales around here are limited to 40G breeder tanks and smaller so they're only good for growouts and sumps. If $2/gallon at least goes up to a 90G then it's worth it.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Ok so its my understanding its with tops and lights. So i still think for the smaller tanks the full kits are a better deal or equal too. 10g kits with filters are usually $30. Maybe for larger tanks it would be worth it but even then doest beat a deal on craiglist for bigger tanks.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Thought I saw this... but tbh all the 1$ per gallon sales = sumps for me anyways... I tend to break tanks/need replacements long before my hoods go.. and I'm betting they are the cheap hoods to boot. the 2$ per gallon not a bad deal if you want a new smaller tank... particularly since those boxed set-ups have cheap filters/heaters in them anyways... So better deal for a new hobbyist I imagine who wants a 20 or something. Or someone with a 10 that already has an upgraded filter and wants to upgrade to a 20 ect....
It depends what brand you buy. If its aqueon it comes with a aqueon hood and so on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store