banjar red arowana with white sand

boang3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2012
Philippines
Hello mates,

I was wondering if my aro will do fine with white sand? I just bought this last monday in a 75 gallon tank. The aro is all alone no tankmates. Sometimes the aro stay on the bottom of the tank, sometimes it won't eat sometimes it will. I wonder why is it because of the white sand? or the water pH?

need advice mates,
Thanks in advance.

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Keep the lights off for a while and see. Any tankmates?

My banjar is in a white sand tank and black background. The colors are quite vibrant. Not as vibrant as it was in the red sand tank. But still very attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

boang3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2012
Philippines
Keep the lights off for a while and see. Any tankmates?

My banjar is in a white sand tank and black background. The colors are quite vibrant. Not as vibrant as it was in the red sand tank. But still very attractive.

i usually turn on the lights around 6PM here with fine white sand and black background and all alone in a tank. im planning to put a red severum around 2-3".

as of now, i can see my banjar often to go down and stay on the bottom of the tank. does banjar red has red eyes or something red. i just saw something red on my banjar's eye i will try to take some pictures of it.

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Here is a pic of mine. Not that clear but you can see the red in the eye. I think your banjar is just taking its time to get used to the whole new place.
Until unless your water params are not off the chart then you don't need worry much.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1374041683.129375.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store