30" Black Arowana Aggressiveness!

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I wanted to ask a question to the guys that know Arowanas. I have an opportunity to get a giant Black Arowana and want to know if it will show any aggression towards a 20 inch Armatus in a big 720?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Most likely not, but no guarentee. Neither of my 30" blacks are aggressive except towards the market shrimp that are placed in the tank. :)

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Most likely not, but no guarentee. Neither of my 30" blacks are aggressive except towards the market shrimp that are placed in the tank. :)
Thanks man I am getting ready to make some moves and might try out a giant Black Arowana in my 720 with Armatus. I just don't want the Black Arowana to ever chase my Armatus since he is the reason for my insanity and I don't want a chance of anything happening to him.
I never take it for granted that he is bold and out going and nothing seems to rattle him. I had my girls sons friends all over the other day and they took my cover off and were bagging on his tank. He did not get spooked at all and thought he was gonna be getting fed!

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
I have a 30 inch black I had more problems with other arowanas being chased, but he does bite some fish at feeding time.My 14 inch datnoid is more aggressive then the arow they are in a 420 gallon tank

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I wanna see a pic of that 30 inch aro! i think it'll be ok.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
+1 for pics of the 30" black!!! My experience with the species is that they've always been fairly peaceful, even when larger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store