Why tile?

Falazo

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
southern cali
Bc I put sand before and its to noisy also easier to clean as well compared to gravel. Plus I also like the look.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Well a lot of people like bare bottom becAuse its easy to clean. Also people who keep stingrays, and other monsters who are belly sensitive (im a chick talking can you tell?) usually keep bare bottom tank but with tile its the same easy to clean and fish friendly bottom but also looks nice. Imo looks better than bare bottom. I tiled my 125.

Pros: easy to clean large fish poops, add more swimming space, 100lbs less of sand= more water. Cichlids wont dig holes, pits, caves, forts or whatever after youve beautifully aquascaped 100lbs of sand or gravel and plants.

Cons: decorating is hard. Plants look odd just floating there. Add rocks problem solved, there are no cons.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's just a different look or choice for the bottom.Some may argue that it does not look natural but it is no worse than putting Crayola Crayon colored gravel in a tank.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That might be nice.What size tank do you have?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
mine has roof slates just layed on the bottom, as woofy said easy to clean/low maintenance and looks better than bare bottom imo and more water!-)View attachment 932068

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store