Aggressive Jardini

LIVING_LEGEND1

Feeder Fish
Jul 17, 2013
California
Hello, i have a jardini in my tank that is sometimes aggressive towards my bichirs. i have had my jardini for 2 months now and he doing fine. do you guys have any suggestions or tips on how to make my jardini arowana less aggressive... plz help

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
That's the way they are most of the time from 8-12". Nothing you can do other than deal with it or get rid of it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
This. Most are aggressive, not all, but most.

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Bigger tank with more decorations to provide hiding spots and break up line of sight.

MALAMUTE135

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2010
Yucaipa CA. USA
a 9" banded leporinus changed the pecking order in my tank and made everybody neutral. Jar was around 18"s then. Still have the jar and it has become community oriented. Good luck with yours. An awsome wet pet they make.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
had to get rid of mine because after a while he would go after my big black aro and all my other fish,so my best suggestion is enjoy it till it happens because, It will happen eventually

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Just make sure you don't get any silver fish unless you are OK with them being the targets to take the pressure off of the fish you care about.

juicevibes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2013
US
I bought two 4" plecos and placed them together with my 6" jardini. Both plecos died in less than a week. :(

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Bigger tank with more decorations to provide hiding spots and break up line of sight.
Would be my suggestion too. Big tank, and a school of something fast and tough in the mid level (tinfoils?) to keep the heat off your bichirs. No guarantees though, you could try anger management therapy but jardini are fairly prone to becoming super-aggressive...

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Sounds like your goin to have the same prob ive had for years my jars six now and has killed and eaten loads of tankmates over the years some big and aggressive (flowerhorn , Midas , jag , wolf fish the list goes on and on ) , you mite have to try stuff out see what happens , big cats work well iwini,,Niger , giraffe , try avoid silver fish they won't last long , few pipes caves for hides but make sure there's a way out or your jar will work out how to get to them eventually

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store