Jardini with Sa/Ca Cichlids?

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
I have a 5 inch red devil, and a 7 inch Jack Dempsey that I'm really attatched to. I really want this Jardini that's been at my LFS for quite a while. Its pretty looking and its only around 5 inches long (estimate) would it kill my cichlids or would they kill it? Also is 110 dollars too much for the fish because thats what they're charging.

Sent from my EVO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

monsterfishdude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2013
Canada
I'm not to sure about the price but once the jardini gets older it may kill it jardini are the more aggressive species in arowana it's give or take
You may get a clam jardini or a jardini that will kill all the fish lol so it may be a chance but it may not be either it's up to you
since your attached to your orther fish I wouldn't add the jardini in unless yior gonna get another tank lol haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Imo its a massive gamble , your existing cichlids could see it as a future threat and see it off before it has chance to grow (this happened to my first jar) , or if the jardinis anything like my current one your cichlids may be in trouble in few months , mines killed all sorts of big cichlids , flowerhorns , Midas , Texas I have however got tankmates my male jag has survived the rath of the jardini as long as he's got his pipe to defend he's fine , big cats work well also
There are a lot of people who manage to keep jars with cichlids no probs all depends on the individual fish I suppose , if your goin to try it now would be the time so they can grow up together and hopefully settle , good luck if you go for it :D

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
seen it done it didn't work for long though

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
The Jardini is a little pricey I see them pretty often for about 80 to 90 bucks If you bought a yellow faze one that is not bad price, but like the other people have been telling you when it gets big get ready for it to chase and shred the fins on your other stuff. You did not say how big your tank was, so depending on the size of your tank you are on borrowed time. Mine was in a 420 I did not have any problems till he hit two feet he was a yellow faze one and I really did not want to get rid of it but I had no choice Good Luck maybe you will get lucky and have one that is not that bad

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
I was able to talk the shop owner down to 55 bucks. He was willing because I am a regular customer and have spent a lot of money there in the past few months. what do you mean yellow faze? Are there different variety of Jardinis?

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
theres platinum and regular yellow faze is yellow spots not red

fishboy36

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2013
NJ/FL
red devil ehhh I wouldn't do it, unless your willing to risk it...but 55 bucks is a very good price!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store