My New Arowana!

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
Picked this guy up today.
Only 4 inches long. In a tank with a 5 inch red devil, 7 inch Dempsey, 3.t inch Green Terror, 2 inch p.Managuensis, 2 inch Dempsey, and a 4inch Black Ghost Knife. Talked the LFS owner from $110 down to $55! The terror and small Jd are my friends and I'm keeping them for a short time while his dad battles lung cancer. He should get them back in a week or sooner. I'm trying to find a home for the devil. Preferably another tank at my house if my wallet will allow it. I'm keeping the JD and the BGK in with my Aro. JD doesn't mind other fish, just no other JDs that might be competition. Here are pics if the aro!
Sent from my EVO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lunglover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2013
Nor Cal
I'd move him out of the tank right now, even if it's a 10g. Jars at that size can't defend themselves and he can get tore up by any of those cichlids you have right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

monsterfishdude

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2013
Canada

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
I'd move him out of the tank right now, even if it's a 10g. Jars at that size can't defend themselves and he can get tore up by any of those cichlids you have right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I would agree with this.

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
the RD and the JD will stress out and bully the jar. better move them out.

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
yep. 100% those cichlids will kill him unless you have the most pansy JD and red devil of all time.

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
From the pictures, does it look like he may be developing some fin rot? You can kinda see at the bas of the fins it is yellow, then it fades into a grayish blck and the very tip is whitish. I noticed it today. Im going to do a big water changer and add some salt tonight to be on the safe side. Any ideas. Ill post new pics (from today) in a minute (24 hrs after the first pics were taken).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store