New silver arow!

oscar98

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 3, 2013
millville pennsylvania
Before i continue- yes i know my tank will be to small in the future. This is why me and the lfs owner made a deal. I bought this and when it out grows my tanks i can bring it back and get another juvi for trade in if i want to. Lay a little more and get a jardini.

This silver has me HOOKED on arowanas! I love them now! It looks more white than silver which i think is really cool.

Is there anything i should know about them that i didnt learn when i was researching? I have the tank top locked down like fort knox so i wont be jumping out anytime soon. It is about 4-5" and in a completely empty 55g all buy itself. Thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Keep yourself doing what's for a silver arowana care requirements has to offer. Basically that's that. Check water parameters, variety of food, yeah the other guy forgot to cycle his tank, check for the parts of the silver if it's fit for a silver,
http://www.arowanaranch.com/info11.php means check if there are deformities or something odd with it. For the color, I don't know, as what you've said it's whitish than the typical silver shine, it might have been stressed, maybe? there's no pic so can't tell.

oscar98

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 3, 2013
millville pennsylvania
My ipod doesnt get very good pictures with fish that move so much haha. My tank is cycled. I took a 55 and filled it up with water from my big tank and took a canister filter off my big tank and put it on the small tank. Let it go for about 3 days. Tested and its fine.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
has the ammonia, nitrate, nitrite spiked? Better be careful, as it may go spike for a day or two, just check it. Well I'ma gonna wait for your pics. Hoping for the best of your fish.
-E.C.

BTW, why would you have that deal? I mean the aro swapping thing?

oscar98

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 3, 2013
millville pennsylvania
has the ammonia, nitrate, nitrite spiked? Better be careful, as it may go spike for a day or two, just check it. Well I'ma gonna wait for your pics. Hoping for the best of your fish.
-E.C.

BTW, why would you have that deal? I mean the aro swapping thing?
Idk lol. Se said i can if i want to and then she can sell the silver for more money. Just tryin to help out a lfs.

And ya, im testing the water twice a day everyday

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1374347025.104125.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1374347056.703268.jpg

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Since your hooked get a bigger tank of atleast 200g+ for him so you can keep him.
The bigger they get the cooler they are.

oscar98

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 3, 2013
millville pennsylvania
Since your hooked get a bigger tank of atleast 200g+ for him so you can keep him.
The bigger they get the cooler they are.
I already have a 150. I know that is not big enough. But my main goal is to grow this out to learn how to take care of arows and when it outgrows my 150 i will get a jardini. By then i will have a 180-265

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Do you have a filter on the 55g tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store