Arowana ID?

Eglinlotus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2013
Ft Walton Beach, FL
Hey guys I took a 6 hour drive down to Orlando and picked up a 120 gallon acrylic tank and he had a 14" Arowana to take a ride home with me. Long story short I'm not quit sure what kind he is, seeing that I live in Florida on Slivers are allowed here but people dont always follow the rules. Here is a picture of him. Before everyone starts flamming about how big he is going to get this 120 is a temp tank for him.
arowana1.jpgarowana.jpgArowana2.jpg

arowana.jpg

arowana1.jpg

Arowana2.jpg

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Cool thanks. I was wondering because he has really nice reds and greens on his scales that the camera isnt picking up.
There's only 2 arowanas with that body shape and that's silver and black. Period. Nothing more nothing less.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
+1 Silver, but could you do some close up shots regardings those red and green scales or something?

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Or maybe a spotted arowana. Scleropages leichardtil. I don't know just wiki'd it.

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
Its very clearly a silver.

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Certainly not Scleropages Spp. of any sort, body shape is completely different and 100% Osteoglossum. Pink/red-ish colour and greenish hues on a well kept silver aren't unusual, looks like a nice fish, good luck with the big tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store