Newborn Henlei pup

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I know she had more pups in her but at least I rescued this little male before it was ate. I previously had a female pregnant for 114 days with nothing to show for after day 114 except for a flat stomach. I wish I knew who the culprit is but I am thinking it's another female as one of the females was showing a big belly this morning. I figure this female would have had at least 3 pups.

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Good thing you got to rescue him - He looks great. How many adult rays in the tank and any other tank mates?

djaalix

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2011
Mahopac Falls, NY
Your a busy bee over there! Lol! Glad you rescued 1, that sucks about the others disappearing ... the one remaining pup is a pretty one though

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Good thing you got to rescue him - He looks great. How many adult rays in the tank and any other tank mates?
I have 2 adult females and 2 adult males besides the female that gave birth. There is also 2 black aros,10" rtg and 4 smaller pbass. The only one that looked fat was another female henlei so I was figuring she was the culprit. I will have to figure out something different for the next pregnant female. I don't think I have any due until September so I have some time.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Your a busy bee over there! Lol! Glad you rescued 1, that sucks about the others disappearing ... the one remaining pup is a pretty one though

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks, I was hoping things would work out this time but I guess not. I will have to figure out something else for my pregnant females.

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
114 days is not long for henlei .

I doubt a ray would eat another rays tail and stinger youd find bits of it.She prob just miscarried or held onto them for a very long time . They usually do hold one pup litters forever and henlei usually hold pups alot longer.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store