Irresistable food for Jardini?

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
What is an irresistable food for a Jardini arowana. I want something that will be an every once in a while type of treat. My Jar is around 4 inches long and eats pellets primarily.

Sent from my EVO using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Dubias, crickets, mealworms, mostly insects that can be gut loaded. But you'll be spoiling your aro, it'll be hard for the aro to shift to another type of food once introduced to insect diet which may lead to ignoring the pellets you will offer.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Dubias, crickets, mealworms, mostly insects that can be gut loaded. But you'll be spoiling your aro, it'll be hard for the aro to shift to another type of food once introduced to insect diet which may lead to ignoring the pellets you will offer.
+1 , its good that you've got your jar eating pellet because a lot won't , mine will only eat hikari sticks , if you wanted to give an alternative to pellet id try either muscles , whitebait or raw prawns/shrimp (blue in colour) this also brings out the colours on the jar , don't get me wrong I have fed mine allsorts of live food over the years (mealworm, earthworm, silkworm , spiders , crickets) but you don't want it to be distracted from the pellet can be very hard to get them off the live once started

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store