HOW MANY K LEAVES TO USE?

thienhuong

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
INSIDE MY TANK
Hello all,

I currently run 125gallon tank, with an arowana and some tank mates. I want to use K leaves in my setup... How many leaves should i put in (assuming 7inch size leaf) at one time and how long to leave it until having to replace them with new leaves?

thank you.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
The best answer is to start with a little and work it up till you've got the tank in the conditions you want. I'd start with maybe 2-3 leaves and wait a while.

It's not like you just put the leaves in and *boom* their tannins come out. It takes a while for the leaves to decompose and release them, and they will do so slowly at first but then at a more constant rate as they break down. Add a bit, and check your water color and PH to see if they've reached where you want yet.

I add new leaves when I see the color starting to get less yellow after a water change, and I usually just add one at a time to keep the level of BW constant.

thienhuong

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
INSIDE MY TANK
thank you very much... i will probably give that a try... Start with 2-3 leaves and wait a couple of days and see where i'm at. Great advice. thank you so much

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store