HELP WHATS WRONG WITH MY RAY?

danielleee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2013
Hull
Hi, Ive had my yepezi for about 5 months now she has been amazing since we got her, constantly active and feeding then a couple of days ago I put a kusuri wormer because I have discus in my tank as well. Even though it says on the packet that its fine to put in with rays, its obviously not... ever since she has barely moved, she has eaten a couple of wormers but that's about it. I have done a few water changes to remove the treatment and kept the lights off. what else can I do??

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Carbon can help remove meds from water but I wouldn't leave it in long term.

Depending which water conditioner you use, they can help too. If using prime, I'd just add more than the usual amount.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

danielleee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2013
Hull
thank you :) I've just popped some extra in now, and i'll pick up some carbon in the morning, fingers crossed

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
You will find if you read on the label that this treatment contains flubedazole. This treatment is great with 90% of fish including Discus but very toxic to rays, if your lucky you can reverse the situation by doing what you are...water changes but sadly many die from it if subjected to it too long.
If any of the members have a good memory there was a guy on here called Sharptooth, he was a regular. He too used this treatment on his Pearl rays and the pattern ran,looked like the rays were melting, he was very fortunate to save them, the pattern returned after 6 months plus

good luck!

danielleee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2013
Hull
Im so angry that it says ya can put it with rays !! I have emailed the company asking for an explination. Its disgusting. She has eaten about 10 worms todays so she is still eating which is good but she is so lathargic and sluggish like she cant be bothered to find worms. Im doing about 50% water change a day. Fingers crossed. I'll keep ya updated..thanks guys :)

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Im so angry that it says ya can put it with rays !! I have emailed the company asking for an explination. Its disgusting. She has eaten about 10 worms todays so she is still eating which is good but she is so lathargic and sluggish like she cant be bothered to find worms. Im doing about 50% water change a day. Fingers crossed. I'll keep ya updated..thanks guys :)
If she is still eating then she will be ok.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Hope ray is ok and pulls through. may be usr carbon to help remove meds.

When I had my first ever ray... about 3 yrs ago... I used kazuri wormer 7 days after I got her.. I think just as a precaution.
The moto stopped eating and within 25 hrs.. all the slimcoat started peeling away and within 48 hrs disc curl then death.
I couldnt believe it .. similar to you. ... as packet said ray safe!!!!!
I'LL NEVER use it ever again... and then learnt about a year later flubendazol is not good for rays..
Liquid prazi I have used once. Rays seemed perfectly fine as were all other fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store