Will a ray work with a bichir?

Barracuda37

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2011
California Love
Hello fellow MFK members i have a quick question for you guys!

OK so today I just switched my 55 gal tank from gravel to pfs and I wondering about getting a freshwater stingray but i already have a bichir in here probably around 10-12 inches and since hes a bottom dwelling fish would there be problems about adding a stingray also would the bichir feel threatened and attack him?

Thanks for the help,
Brett

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Hello fellow MFK members i have a quick question for you guys!

OK so today I just switched my 55 gal tank from gravel to pfs and I wondering about getting a freshwater stingray but i already have a bichir in here probably around 10-12 inches and since hes a bottom dwelling fish would there be problems about adding a stingray also would the bichir feel threatened and attack him?

Thanks for the help,
Brett
Would this 55 be a grow out for the ray?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
spend your money on a bigger tank before you consider more fish. your bicher already needs a bigger tank, and if the (common?) pleco doesn't already, it will soon.

as for the question, if the bicher doesn't eat the stingray you shouldn't have any problem. the only aggression I've seen with my bichers ( all senegals, so if you have a different type this my not apply) was if they could eat it, they would.

Barracuda37

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2011
California Love
Ok I exaggerated a bit the bichir isnt big enough its around 9-10 its still got plenty of room and yes the 55 will be a grow out considering I have a pond and a 150 gal in the garage that i havent set up yet but dont teacup stingrays not get that big

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Ok I exaggerated a bit the bichir isnt big enough its around 9-10 its still got plenty of room and yes the 55 will be a grow out considering I have a pond and a 150 gal in the garage that i havent set up yet but dont teacup stingrays not get that big
Still to big for the 55 IMO. And what species of ray specifically? Teacup is just a gimmick like teacup yorkies

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Barracuda37

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2011
California Love
yeah i was thinking of a teacup as a starter are they hardy and small? i heard they were fine for a 55

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store