Black bugs in tank....possibly sea lice?

tattoochick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2013
wisconsin
So today I noticed tiny black bugs in my stingray tank. I'm not sure if they are sea lice. They are only right above the water line in the tank on the glass. Iv been looking for quite some time and have seen none in the water or on my fish. Could these be lice and if not, then what? And if they are, what can I treat the tank with that is safe for rays?

tattoochick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2013
wisconsin
IMAG0263.jpg You can see them along the edge of the glass by the seam. They are only out of the water....none in it. They were all over the bottom of the glass top as well.

IMAG0263.jpg

tattoochick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2013
wisconsin
We do a small water change everyday....this is the first iv noticed them. Sorry, this is the best pic I could get with my phone

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
No idea what they could be. Hope you get rid of them though
Perhaps the rays will just eat them.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Sure they are not just flies or other normal bugs

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tattoochick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2013
wisconsin
No they definitely aren't flies...and the ray tank is the only place we have them. we have a couple other tanks and none in either of those

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
I've had them before they kinda pop around on top of the water? I will get them with tanks that have driftwood. Do you have drift wood? They are harmless as far as I can tell?

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tattoochick

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2013
wisconsin
They do pop around in there. We don't have any driftwood or decorations of any kind. We did put a couple live plants in....maybe they came off of those? Good to hear they are harmless. Whats the best way to get rid of them?

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
They do pop around in there. We don't have any driftwood or decorations of any kind. We did put a couple live plants in....maybe they came off of those? Good to hear they are harmless. Whats the best way to get rid of them?
Id use a scrubber or algea magnet and squish them.
Or net them out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store