Cichlid Lighting

KevinH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2012
New Jersey
Hey guys, can I get some ideas on what the best lighting is for African's , ie, spectrum, led only, t5 combined with led etc.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
It's really your personal preference. I run a quad t5ho with two 10k, one actinic, and one color max bulb.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That's better then what I give my reef tank. Go with t5s you get to play with diffrent bulbs to get what you want. With LEDs you are stuck with what you buy. It's all preference, post a picture of your tank and I am sure you will get suggestions. When concidering lighting also think how your aquascape will look. Also think if you want the whole tank lit. Some people will put a 3 foot light on a 4 foot tank to add a fading light effect.

timbo6684

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
Surface of the Sun, Arizona
That's better then what I give my reef tank. Go with t5s you get to play with diffrent bulbs to get what you want. With LEDs you are stuck with what you buy. It's all preference, post a picture of your tank and I am sure you will get suggestions. When concidering lighting also think how your aquascape will look. Also think if you want the whole tank lit. Some people will put a 3 foot light on a 4 foot tank to add a fading light effect.
Well it's only a 4 foot fixture on a 6 foot tall tank. I tried the marineland double brights but I didn't care for them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store