arowana ate sick fish

aro1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
bay area
Hey whats up, My silver arowana ate a sick fish last night. It was a phantom tetra that was bloated and breathing really fast. I was gonna leave in for another day to see if it was gonna get better and I got up this morning and it was gone. I tried feeding the aro this morning and he dident wanna eat. Just seeing if anybody could give any advice thanks.

pablo_mart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2012
Buenos Aires
I am pretty sure your Aro will pass the fish.

On the other hand, Do you feed your ARO?. Aros are hunters, if she is hungry will attack her tank mates.

aro1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
bay area
Yeah I was feeding him meal worms late last night, I got some crickets but he still isent hungry so I'll try later.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
if he ate a sick fish... get it on something with garlic and vitamin C. Meaning NLS. Garlic supplimented/vitaminc supplimented foods will help prevent the fish from getting sick/parasites.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Just seeing if anybody could give any advice thanks.
Don't keep healthy fish with sick fish that are small enough for them to eat?

:idea:

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I have noticed if you keep your fish in good health even if you introduce a sickness to the tank you're fish should be fine. Their immune system will fight it off. Vitamin c wont do no good right now. As if a human is introduced to a cold, gets sick, than takes vitamin c. If you are worried about you're aro becoming sick feed it something with vitamin c a couple days before you feed the feeders. I have moved fish with ick into my aros tank and my aro has never had ick. Some fish have weaker immune systems than others, you could blame inbreeding.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
I have noticed if you keep your fish in good health even if you introduce a sickness to the tank you're fish should be fine. Their immune system will fight it off. Vitamin c wont do no good right now. As if a human is introduced to a cold, gets sick, than takes vitamin c. If you are worried about you're aro becoming sick feed it something with vitamin c a couple days before you feed the feeders. I have moved fish with ick into my aros tank and my aro has never had ick. Some fish have weaker immune systems than others, you could blame inbreeding.
This is 100% correct. but it would still help to minimal degree if you started feeding it vitamin c and garlic rather than not feeding it at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store