Moving my Gator Gar

kris ferguson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hello my name is Kris, I have an Alligator Gar that is roughly 22 inches I am moving 9 hours away and am not sure how to do it safely any help would be most appreciated. Thanks :D

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Theyre air breathers so dont put him in a bag. A large bucket or cooler will work just keep the lid open.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

kris ferguson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the link HungDang,
Keeping the lid open probably wont work tho most likely it will be on a trailer wont be enough room in the truck to sit with me was thinking if we stopped once in awhile I could just open the lid n give him or her some air.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Thanks for the link HungDang,
Keeping the lid open probably wont work tho most likely it will be on a trailer wont be enough room in the truck to sit with me was thinking if we stopped once in awhile I could just open the lid n give him or her some air.
the lid is not completely seal off the whole bin so it can still get enough air in and out if you only need for half a day, or you can just drill the lid and make a bunch of small holes.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
ime temp is a killer... be sure whatever your transporting in is heated/temp controlled ect or on a day when the weather is acceptable. I would also bring along a few buckets of fresh water to do a wc with if needed.. when moving in open containers (not airtight bags) ammonia spikes ect can easily kill as well. I use the cheapo dip strips that may not be 100% accurate but will give me a heads up if its spiking.

GL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store