GARNET sand on ray tank

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Since I moved my rays to a temporary tank, I'm planning to redecorate my tank. I was looking at getting some garnet sand and would like to see if other raykeepers used it on their tank. I'm not sure what grit to use as well. I'm planning to put some ornate bichir on the same tank and the Poly guys recommend garnet to show colors.

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Anybody using it on ray tanks? I have just transferred my rays on a wider tank and the floor seems to be bare. I'm planning to get some substrates next month to make it more presentable. The one i have in my mind is garnet as I have ornates as well.

bare.JPG

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Got 4 bags of 20-40 grit garnet to fill my tank. I used to have the 30-60 but it seems to fine and the 20-40 is the next size available. The rays loves it and don't noticed any damage scratches on its disk. They also sift though it looking for food.

garnet 1.jpeg

garnet 2.jpeg

garnet 3.jpeg

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
I like it........

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Looks nice. I'm sure your rays like it too.

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
i wasn't able to get pics of her while growing up. she did have lots of spots than a regular motoro when i got it and the small spots all around the body just developed while she grew. They are saying being a superspot, the smaller spots will fade away, but not in her case as it became more colour intense. I'm trying to trace the three pups I sold which are her offspring and hoping to see if the genes where inherited by those pups.

kamusta.

abcede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Philippines
www.facebook.com
thnx man. is her bro and sis normal motoros? imean. when you pick her. can you notice that shes diffrent from the others?

kumusta? hehe im good. you have filipino relatives?

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
I wasn't able see its siblings nor the parents as it was interstate. That time stingrays are just starting to pop out of nowhere as rays are not an allowable import. I took a risk of paying something that I've not seen. It has a premium price also being a superspot. Only thing I've noticed from the other pups I've got during that year is it has lots of spot all over the body - almost fully covered and placements are even on the disk.

I'm pinoy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store