My Predator Wish List

DecaturPlayer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
Indiana
Hello All! Hope everyone is well. I was just curious if anyone knows of wholesalers or breeders that are currently stocking/breeding any of the following and could possibly help get me in touch. I'm in Indiana.

Caprichromis orthognathus
Caprichromis liemi (I understand these will probably turn up as a no)
Dimidiochromis strigatus
Dimidiochromis dimidiatus
Lichnochromis acuticeps
Champsochromis spilorhynchus (already have the caeruleus and thought it would be cool to inquire about these)
any of the Rhamphochromis
and finally Tyrannochromis macrostoma

I'm all about the predatory Haps! Any help would be great or even other suggestions of predator haps to check out would be awesome too. If you can't help, no problem, thanks for checking out the thread anyway and happy fishing!

JB

Robulus153

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
Greenville SC
Hello,

I'm glad to see you want all Predator haps. I myself have gone the way of the predator hap and have been slowly building up an arsenal of bad asses. The negative is finding some of these fish because stores don't like to generally carry them. I can def point you in to the right direction of some of the fish you speak of. The Lichnochromis acuticeps is my white knight and want to add him to my tank but found he is almost impossible to find and his sale price is $30 for a small fish. At that price i would put him in his own tank and work on getting a breeding colony because i would be afraid to loose him.

If you want to add to the stable i would suggest the following:

Placidochromis Milomo vc-10
Nimbochromis Livingstonii, Lini, Fusco, Venustus and polystigma- All great fish. Fusco is mean.
Fossorochromis rostratus- Great color and personality is nuts.
Rhamps are great when you can find him. Had two the one got his fins ripped and was dispatched by the larger fish. Wish i pulled him out sooner. very different
Buccochromis nototaenia- cool fish, stays out of trouble.
Aristochromis christyi- want him, just afraid because his mouth is so much bigger than everyone else and they some times die trying to eat fish almost there own size.
Exochromis anagenys- sweet yellow fish with a different face. Very peaceful

Dave's fish is a good place ( has the Lichnochromis!!!!)
Florida Tropical fish direct often have a bunch of the more common preds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store