Caribsea supernaturals?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
So I'm doing a major overhaul of my 55, replacing filter, substrate and adding some new decor. I picked up the only bag of the Caribsea Super natural jet black sand, it says all this stuff about how it reduces nitrates and leftover food/waste etc doesn't tend to get buried in it. Anyone have exp with this kind of sand? Does it live up to its labeling?

It was on sale and the last bag, if they don't get more jet black in I may have to get the regular tan stuff and mix, which may or may not look cool. But another LFS sells regular sand for aquaria for 12 $ for 20 lbs, and these Caribsea bags are 27$ (on sale) for 20 lbs. I think they are like 33 regular.

Is it worth it? If it is I don't mind spending the extra loot, but if its not its senseless ya know, would like some input from sand tank keepers

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
That is true of all sand.

probassfisher010

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2011
California
I use pure white true naturals in my two tanks, and love it. It's super fine which can be problematic for hang on the back filters, but if you use canisters, a sump, or sponge filters it should be fine. Also, yes it does work but so does all sand, food doesn't fall into the cracks like it does with gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store