New Reticulated (Tea cup) Rays

SgtDRMcbr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2013
USA
I'm looking for a little help here, my female ray came to me with a small fungal infection on her barb, she didn't travel to me with a cap, so I'm left to believe it was from supplier to distributer when the cap was used.

i have her and the male in a temp quarantine tank to try and fight off the infection. After much research online, I found Pimafix to try and fight off the fungus. It's been 4 days, and there has been no improvement. Should I wait to finish the 7 day cycle to add possibly salt or something else? Any suggestions?image.jpg

image.jpg

SgtDRMcbr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2013
USA
They do eat a lot, I was surprised, that eat 3-4 times a day, live black worms and frozen blood worms. I had read they're hard to wean onto others (frozen) foods, these two didn't seem to mind.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Yeah, you'll want the salinity about 3ppt to help with the fungal issue.
I always suggest running full length treatments. Switching mid way will do nothing for the animal.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Both are eating voraciously, and swimming fine. Just worried.
If they are eating like crazy than it must not be bugging them. Normally if their is something wrong the first thing they do is stop eating.

SgtDRMcbr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2013
USA
Yeah, you'll want the salinity about 3ppt to help with the fungal issue.
I always suggest running full length treatments. Switching mid way will do nothing for the animal.
Used Maracyn2. It worked and the fungal infection went away. Moved her into the big tank. Yesterday I noticed it is starting to come back. Im taking her back out into a quarentine tank and trying maracyn 2 and salt again. She's actively hunting still. So I'm hopeful she'll be able to kick this thing again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store