Black aro problems...please help me!

Stuginski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Brazil
Hi keepers, how are you?

I'm in trouble. I'm with a black arowana (8 inches) in my qt (5 days) that don't eat absolutely nothing (feeders, crickets, prepared food, comercial food), she is swimming close to the bottom of the the tank. She is with 1 payara and I don't see any agressions.

My water: ph; 6.8, 0 - 0.25 of ammonium, no nitrites temp in 29 celsius.

I have some plants in qt.... only natural lights

My qt has 40 gallons...

This fish was in a sump with less than 10 gallons and she was eating, swimming at the top, growing...

What the hell is happening? How can I save this fish?

Thank you all, sorry for my poor english

Hails from Brazil

D.

Fatlungy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
When I moved my silver aro to a bigger tank he didn't eat for 3 weeks. I offered food once a day if he didn't eat I removed it. I would not worry yet.

Sent from my MB886 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Stuginski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Brazil
Hi fatlungy

thanks for your reply!

I'm concerned because she is swimming near the bottom and everywhere I read there is someone that said: _ Aro near the bottom is a bad sign...

Hails from Brazil

D.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Even if you do get it to est while in the 40g tank, your likely going to see the same thing happen when you move it to another tank. When will you move it out of the 40g tank?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
crickets was all my silver would eat after moving to my tank, and that was after a two week fast! the can last ages without eating dont panic until it nears a month or two even. when he starts feeding put some weight back one him before you move him again good luck.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
Well double check the water quality and temperature. I'm not at physics so I don't know the conversion. But bump up temps to 82-3 degrees f. And do another water change. After off only insects. No pellets.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I've often found blacks slow to eat after being moved to another tank, though my current one seems to be an exception! Keep at it and try the pellets first, 5 days with no food is nothing for a healthy aro.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
I've often found blacks slow to eat after being moved to another tank, though my current one seems to be an exception! Keep at it and try the pellets first, 5 days with no food is nothing for a healthy aro.
Though its said arowana are pretty hardy fish... This may have applied to previous generation arowanas. Like 10 years ago. I find arowanas Now a lot more skittish delicate and picky... U might have gotten a good one. My arowanas are pussies... And my jardini is picky as hell. It hates pellets. I'm still training it though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store