Automatic water changer system help needed for 300gal Discus tank.

dkreef

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2011
OC, CA
I currently have 265gal hightech planted with 120gal sump with poret filters, bioballs, seachem matrix. sump water is circulated my sequence dart 3600gph pump.

I got about 26 mostly adult discus in there. I do about 70-80% weekly water change now but im tired of manually doing them.

I wanna set up a reliable automated water change system. I don't want drip system coming from carbon/sediment filters.
I wanna use Tap water for Water changes.
I have a 50gal water holding barrel for evaporated water now.

plan is to do 20% WC daily by automation.

I wanna use drain pump(maxijet 1200 or hagen 802) in sump that will drain waste water to outside.
Fresh water from barrel fills the sump to replace drained waste water. then tap water line from outside will fill the barrel again. water will be declorinated using prime(maybe use eheim liquid doser or dosing pump) and have heater and aeration so its ready for wc next day.

I need help planning on float valves, solenoid valves, etc to make sure I don't flood the tank. really wanna error proof and build with accuracy and backup.

what kind of timers should I get? do I need aquacontroller?

I already have ranco temp controller and ph controller. really just need to manage pumps with controller.

any ideas???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store