Silver aro and payara

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
They do well together as long as theyre the same size or close. The payara would have to be armatus to keep up with the growth of the aro

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
They do well together as long as theyre the same size or close. The payara would have to be armatus to keep up with the growth of the aro

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
The armatus can out grow the aro. If you start them off small at the same size. I would make sure the aros alittle bigger than the aro but not to the point the aro can eat him. But normally armatus don't travel up top were the aro is unless really Hungary, but if you just keep them both well fed they should be fine. But just know, armatus are fighters and bully's. back when I had my 9-10 inch armatus, I had a few one eyed fish in his tank if you know what I'm saying.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Placing an order at my local fish store.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Just make sure you and the store know your fish, you don't want a Scomb or a tat for armatus price. I traded a place one of my problem fish for a group of Scombs and they ended up giving me c.gibbuses

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Arowana shouldn't be mixed with aggresive fish until they are in the 10-11" range and then the aro should be 2x the length of the other fish. This is a general rule and I have little to no experience with payara other then seeing the damage they have done in posted threads. IMO there in not much danger of a 10-11" silver arowana doing damage to a 5-6" payara, but individual fish can act beyond the norm.

Stuginski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Brazil
Hi Doo

It isn't so terrible mistake, is it? C. gibbus are amazing fishes! :)

Just to point..

I have a red tail payara with a black aro in my qt. My black aro is a little larger than my payara. Everything seems to be fine at this moment. Of course my payara it isn´t a H. armatus and my Aro it isn´t a silver aro. :)

Hails from Brazil

D.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store