Need help

southwardcolt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2011
pennsylvania
I have a 75g saltwater tank that is running on a 30g refugium and a protein skimmer I've been havi g a lot of trouble with the tank I have a stony coral it looks like a round dome and the coral extends out of the stony like dome it keeps getting a redish silk over it that I keep removing and it seems to just keep dying any ideas on what to d to bring the coral and tank bck to health I purchased the tank from some ne else n they had a lot of trouble including there refugium breaking so I had to put the new one in

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
It sounds like cyanobacteria... get a test kit and check your nitrates/nitrates/ammonia.

southwardcolt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2011
pennsylvania
All parameters are good haven't checked ca, mg, alk, kh, lights are 2 straight pin 10 k and 2 460 nm straight pin bulbs with 2 550 lumens accent in tank lights

southwardcolt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2011
pennsylvania
And the coral I perversely said about has passed and I discovered it was something that was just not gonna make it in my tank my lighting is decent but not for that type plus the tank is only 9 months old and been moved once 2 months ago and on top of that it was not a easy one to handle in captivity

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
what is your feeding schedule and what do you feed? What is your tank cleaning procedures?

mr.reef24

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store