How the heck do you work this sump

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I really don't understand how this sump is suppose to work...

I got this sump second hand and the only thing I received is a large grate that fits in the first section perfectly. I guess it goes there... I added bio balls on top of the first grate and it looks to be right? I know I'm missing a drip tray and the lid but I can fab those rather quickly. Does anyone know what I'm missing or how many chambers it is or where it is suppose to go?

And btw wtf is this?? a bubble tower or something? Anyone know how to use it?

joe2011

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
cape coral fl
looks like a two stage wet dry filter .looks like you are missing two bafulls in the last stage that act as bubble trap .you have a return pump right ? an i have no clue what that box with the pipe coming out of it is never seen that before

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
looks like a two stage wet dry filter .looks like you are missing two bafulls in the last stage that act as bubble trap .you have a return pump right ? an i have no clue what that box with the pipe coming out of it is never seen that before

if you look to the right of that box theres another bot o.o... This sump has gotten me so confused... I have no freakin clue of how the slits on the bottom are suppose to work...

I mean left jesus I need some sleep.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
So will it look like this???? But then how is the second baffle suppose to be held in place... D:<

ANYONE? I'm out of ideas... I guess you could just silicone the second baffle higher but I really want to know how this was made to be used D:<

joe2011

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
cape coral fl
yeah that looks right .i only have one baffle in the sump on my 125, if use the 2nd baffle it don't like you will have much room for your return pump . here is a pic of one of my sumps i can't seem too find a pic of my wet dry filter
dsc04910.jpg

dsc04910.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store