Wild Silvers and de?

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Are wild silver arowanas less susceptible to drop eye than the cb ones?

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
I believe once any Silver aro is placed into an aquarium, it's only a matter of time before DE occurs. It may take longer but I believe the result will be the same.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I believe once any Silver aro is placed into an aquarium, it's only a matter of time before DE occurs. It may take longer but I believe the result will be the same.
I guess I should just get a black then.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I guess I should just get a black then.
YES! Why more people don't spend the few extra dollars (which are nothing compared to the cost of feeding and housing either fish) I do not know. Very good move IMO.

Stateofficer1984

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Fairmont North Carolina
I have a black aro, and hes way calmer then the silver I had.. Black aros are better all around investments, they dont get DE, they have a smaller average size, more laid back, and they have better resale/trade value if you ever decide to go a different route!!!

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I'd be interested in seeing pics, as the only example I've ever seen was that old youtube video that has been floating around for years. If you've had more than one black with DE you must be cursed or something!

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I'd be interested in seeing pics, as the only example I've ever seen was that old youtube video that has been floating around for years. If you've had more than one black with DE you must be cursed or something!
I would postem if I stil hadem :) I have all natives now. I will go back and take a look at my videos. The last one I remember having was when I received a 36"+ gator gar that I sold to Big Rich.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store