UV Starilizer cloudy green watter question ?

master.k.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Clinton Twp , MI
my tank has recently been getting alga break outs in the watter and has been extremely green tinted to my water and its pissing me off , I never encounter this problem before , I think this is happening dew to the lighting + hours of run time + who knows what else . I have a 6' x 24" x 24" tank I run 3 duel 4' t-8's 6 inch above the watter line , each duel baluster I have 1 antic and 1 6,500K THAT equals 3 antic and 3 at 6,500k I run my lights 11hrs straight each day x's 7 days a week .

Question 1 - Is it my best interest to not run the lights so many hours a day, Should I have a day that I run no lighting \Or a combo of both ?

Question 2 - If I install a UV sterilizer will it curve or solve the problem of cloudy/green tinted water ( Is there a cheep way to make a UV sterilizer ) ?

Arianne02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I was having a similar problem. ..got a uv stabilizer that you pit in the tank....haven't had a problem since. I now have them in all my tanks. Got them off ebay from an online pet store for under $50.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
uv lights are great. they will kill off all the algae and any pathogens harmful to your fish such as ick.

master.k.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Clinton Twp , MI
I was having a similar problem. ..got a uv stabilizer that you pit in the tank....haven't had a problem since. I now have them in all my tanks. Got them off ebay from an online pet store for under $50.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App[/

What size tank are they rated for >?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store