best place to get retic/tcups?

rayluc

Candiru
MFK Member
May 25, 2005
mfk
did you see if your lfs could special order one for you? Retics are pretty common. That way you should make sure it's eating before you pick it up. I've seen retics cheaper for than that price at my lfs.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Wouldn't waste my time with aquabid or retic rays. If you want a small ray get a hystrix.

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
WC Retics are very difficult to land and transition. LFS typically sell retics around 80-120$ and you can verify they're healthy and eating before buying. IMHO never buy livestock online unless you know who you're dealing with.

Aquaculture Tyler

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
Alamosa Colorado
I never had problems with retics I got a female retic a little over a month ago she was eating on day one and is still doing good eating chopped worms, shrimp, and tilapia but ya it would be better to buy one from a local pet store so you can check it out before buying it a lot of times they are super skinny an starved I bought my first retic ray from aqua bid about 4 years ago an I believe it was the same seller to but I was ignorant back then an lost him I had another one a little over a year ago had him for about a year but one day I had to go out of town for an emergency an was gone for 3-4 weeks and when I got home it was dead if that didn't happen I bet he would still be with me today but my current one is nice an fat she eats in the morning and before I go to bed had her over a month now

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Ya once eating its fine. its landing them WC and then transitioning them onto foods... Its not worth the risk of not being 100% sure its eating well already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store