color improvement

fish monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
Hi guys I just got a High back RTG I wouldl like to ask you how can you improve the color of the fish the redness of the fins and the gold on the scales thank you :)

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Good food, plenty of space and clean water should give you good colour.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
High quality pellets are the best staple IMO. Can suppliment with shrimp etc if you want, but you run the risk of the fish getting hooked on them and not taking pellets any more.

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
There are color enhancing foods. I forgot wats its called but we used to sell a good one back at my buddies shop. It was specifically designed for red aros and mammons. It would enhance the red in them. And it worked wonders. It was made in thailand i think? I will call the old store owner 2mrw and c if he remembers what it was called. If he doesnt then i wont get back to u. If he does ill be sure to post it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
I have mine on smelt only... this is super cheap. A buck a pound if you know the right places. It works been six years and growing. If you like try blended foods... beef heart shrimp pellets spinach flakes and some fish.... banana too! Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Oh my colors change alot for my fish on this diet. White to pink.. now he's getting darker... took out the light and more wc a week. In that madeup meal you can add stuff for color

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I feed my jardini , muscles, whitebait and raw prawns/shrimp , aswell as pellet , the raw prawns seem to boost his colours no end and much less mess than pellet feeding imo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store