pellet question

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
My aro is pellet trained as far as hikari pellets and nothing else, however, it would spit out the pellets and make a mess.

it would only eat pellets thats soaked in the tank for a good minute. it chews and spits it out when the pellets first gets in the tank.. it likes soft pellets i assume..

any1 have this experience with their aro?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
How big is your aro ? Its good that its even excepting pellet mine wouldn't touch them for years , even then it would only eat hikari sticks and nothing else , I have found recently that he does now eat hikari gold but its took ages for him to except them , the reason why I ask the size of yours is your aro like mine may only eat harder pellet once it reaches a decent size and finds it easier to digest

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
My aros have always started spitting out and making a mess of the sticks since day one. Normally after a month or 2 they begin to not be as messy? Not as much comes out through its gills and very little to non comes out from the mouth. And i mean very little. It only happens when they eat a few too many in one gulp lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
My jar is a picky eater too. He wont even touch the pellets unless I starve him for two weeks.. But even then he chew them up and spits all of it out. I found a trick tho muhaha... Mine is on a stable diet of blood worms so I get the blood worms and let them thaw. When there about 80% thawed I crush up two hikari pellets and mix it into every cube and give every cube two pellets broken into halfs and mix them up really good and throw it back in the freezer and I have a weeks worth of food. A little time consuming but I want him on pellets D:< 5 bucks a week has been adding up

Ps my jar is about 10 inches now.

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
My aro is 12-13 inches.

I am lucky that it at least eats pellets. Its soo messy when it eats.

Like i said, if the pellets are soft in the water for a good minute, it will just swallow it w/o the mess. Hopefully someday it will not make a mess

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Are they floating pellets or sinking? I noticed that the shape of the carni sticks sometimes makes them chew more compared to the shape of massivore.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
There the ones mine loves but I could only find them in small bags think there 57g or something silly , no good at £8 per bag for a 20" jardini

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store