Anyone watch thier conductivity numbers?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I know there's some ray keepers here that watch this parameter. Wondering if anyone would care to share some numbers?

I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
I have a meter here at work that I should take home and check my water.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I know of one guy it would mean a lot to.... :)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I dont have a tester. Hope we can get a few people to test so you have something to compare to

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Me too. Not going to lie, from what I'm seeing I'm not only disgusted, but sadly ashamed, and also embarassed, with a side of sick to my stomach.

Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? I feel like I've been participating in a reinactment only I'm staring at rays in a fish tank.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
Around 200uS

Depends on your water source also db. You can only do so much. Even when I was dripping 250 gallon per day of only pure ro in the system is was still only able to get it around 100 . Amazon river water is around 10-30uS not possible to maintain in an aquarium

Also db ill tell you a story of when I first started testing with Tds and conductivity meters. My first reading was a Tds over 1000. My rays didn't breed and cichlids would all get hole In head.

Here's some steps
-prevent evaporation
-remove water and fill old fashion way
- instal reverse osmosis
-lighten the biological loads waste contributes to solids
-instal the best particulate filter possible something that can polish your water effectively very low micron at a high rate

B_IN_SD

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Sturgis S.D.
I was but my probe went bad last year and I have not replaced it yet. When it was working it was reading 175 - 250. The probe would not calibrate to the #'s on the calibration solution.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Great thread

So most of us have decent luck keeping/breeding because we have good tap water, big waterchanges, and good filtration.... In turn keeps conductivity levels down fairly low

Looks like you finally found your problem DB. Im very happy for you, hopefully you can get this under control and rely start enjoying the hobby!!

Also do uvs help with this?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store