7'x12' Plywood Build For My Rays

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Going to be making a 7'x12' stacked 2x4/plywood tank for my growing collection of rays.

This build will be very similar to how JohnG built his 1400 gallon but with a few changes. Mainly the floor of the tank and filtration are where my changes will be. Also only putting in one viewing window on the 12' side of the tank.

So...with my daughter's due date just around the corner, her room finally finished and the garage all cleaned up...it's time to get back to work.:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
I don't have any rays, but that sounds like really nice dimensions. Foot print is actually twice that of a 10x4. I'm going to be following this as I am interested in how you will handle feeding, cleaning, etc. I'll eventually have to deal with similar issues.

And a daughter on the way! I'm a bit envious.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Great footprint!! How tall?

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I will have an update for you guys this week. Can't wait for the kid to arrive as the sleepless nights with her will give me a month off of work for vacation. So expect the tank to be just about finished in that time frame.:D

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Made a little progress. Took a couple weeks to get the baby all sorted out and now have the last week of my vacation to build. Will be done with all the wood work this weekend.

Here is the 2x4 platform the the tank will sit on. More to come this weekend.
uploadfromtaptalk1379728551348.jpg

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
It's a start. I knew you would hardly have time to build, a new born is tough. My woman is peg right now with our second one so I'm trying to get my tank built before then, once I get that new "grow out" ill be pretty busy lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
It's a start. I knew you would hardly have time to build, a new born is tough. My woman is peg right now with our second one so I'm trying to get my tank built before then, once I get that new "grow out" ill be pretty busy lol.

And that is where I am stuck, at a start lol. Honestly would have been done by now but my Jeep can only hold so many boards at a time:banghead:. Why did I ever sell my truck. Good luck on number 2! I will update as soon as I get my father over here to get the rest of my material with his truck hehehe.

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
And that is where I am stuck, at a start lol. Honestly would have been done by now but my Jeep can only hold so many boards at a time:banghead:. Why did I ever sell my truck. Good luck on number 2! I will update as soon as I get my father over here to get the rest of my material with his truck hehehe.

Ey. I put my lumber in my Acura TL. No excuses hahaha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store