Indo datnoids KH and GH help

Jling

Banned
Mar 12, 2012
canada
what should my KH and GH be?
my water has no hardness will the datnoid be ok?

its being kept with azul bass,masheers,mbu puffer ,

so will it be ok??? thanks

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
harder water is better, but it's much better to leave your water as is and let the fish adapt Mine does just fine at 6.5. Both Dat's and puffers also require a stable tank and are sencitive too poor water quality, so is this tank cycled ?? What sized tank do you have ? With the tankmates your listing unless your dealing with 300g+ you'll run into problems quickly.

I'm assuming since you've started this same thread for each of those fish that you haven't bought any of the fish at all? This is probably a good thing since puffers will kill and eat pretty much anything you try to house them with.

My advise is to do a lot more research before you consider purchasing any of these fish.

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Just flipped through your posts.... are you the same person who was monsterfishdude under a new ID ???

Jling

Banned
Mar 12, 2012
canada
hello the tank has been cycling for a while 2-3 months

no im not monsterfish dude ive searched his name he regiesterd 2013 i did 2012 ive been here longer but barely posted
why would i run in to problems? i already bought them all fish are under 5 inches puffer is only 2-3 inches ive been reading online them says they will allow tankmates when put with them when young
are you sure puffer will? kill everything ive been watching youtube vids online there kept in community tanks thanks

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
I asked about monsterfishdude because BCaquaria site he uses the handle jling , He was on this site not long ago got an aro in an uncycled tank and had to sell it told me he was going to start over a few weeks later. Also noticed this other Jling or ("monsterfisdude" on this site) was also looking for Tahitian moon sand for his aro on bcaquaria, and oddly enough you also have a post here at the same time titled ...

"s tahitian moon sand safe for arowana? "

both of you were asking about Asian aro's and PH/KH at the same time too...

All much just be a huge coincidence ... Though for a second there you might be the same guy trying to hide that he's putting all these fish into a 160g tank that isn't cycled again and didn't want to hear all the criticism he would get.

Glad that's not the case here though...

youtube is a horrible place to go for examples, Yes i'm sure about the puffer do a bit of research and you'll find the same.

You can put anything you want into a tank for a short period of time, stress of a new home and often incorrect care keeps them more docile and lethargic but it's stress holding it back, when they settle in and clam down they rip each other apart but nobody brags about that part on youtube they just show off the bran new setup with new additions and you never see the end result of dead fish!

How big is your tank ?? Did you know how big these fish get ? Too start i would separate that Mbu wont be long before he starts nipping and then snacking on tank mates!

Jling

Banned
Mar 12, 2012
canada
jling is a common name its from a game im a gamefreak also

added ammonia ive looked online and places from personal expericene this guy has mbu puffer with bass and loaches and aro and even stingrays i think he said they do not fight and it did not attack or kill anything i dont mean to argue or anything
another guy has alot of fish with an mbu nothing happens lol

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
IF it's true he's lucky, there's always those one off's maybe with enough space. but in my opinion it's not going to end well !

You still haven't said what sized tank.... How big is it ? Any pic's ?

Jling

Banned
Mar 12, 2012
canada
ya hopefully it will allow but its only a 2 inch baby right now maybe it will allow fish and will not kill
my masheer is 4-5 inch and datnoids is 3-4 and bass is 3-4 as well so it may get used to them ive seen pics of the mbu with aro and loaches also peacock bass

Jling

Banned
Mar 12, 2012
canada
i have no pics crappy phone i have lol
and its 180 im wanting a custom tank 325G but 6500 bucks cant afford that now im saving up

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I asked about monsterfishdude because BCaquaria site he uses the handle jling , He was on this site not long ago got an aro in an uncycled tank and had to sell it told me he was going to start over a few weeks later. Also noticed this other Jling or ("monsterfisdude" on this site) was also looking for Tahitian moon sand for his aro on bcaquaria, and oddly enough you also have a post here at the same time titled ...

"s tahitian moon sand safe for arowana? "

both of you were asking about Asian aro's and PH/KH at the same time too...

All much just be a huge coincidence ... Though for a second there you might be the same guy trying to hide that he's putting all these fish into a 160g tank that isn't cycled again and didn't want to hear all the criticism he would get.

Glad that's not the case here though...

youtube is a horrible place to go for examples, Yes i'm sure about the puffer do a bit of research and you'll find the same.

You can put anything you want into a tank for a short period of time, stress of a new home and often incorrect care keeps them more docile and lethargic but it's stress holding it back, when they settle in and clam down they rip each other apart but nobody brags about that part on youtube they just show off the bran new setup with new additions and you never see the end result of dead fish!

How big is your tank ?? Did you know how big these fish get ? Too start i would separate that Mbu wont be long before he starts nipping and then snacking on tank mates!
+1. It is the same guy but I imagine the moderators will fix it up!!!!! Both "monsterfishdude" and "jling" sold there arowana as they were going on holidays. First time I ever heard of someone doing that let alone 2 guys at the same time. Not to mention all the other things that are the same(tahitian moon sand,160 gallon tank sometimes calls it a 150 gallon,indoor pond ,etc)!!! Just stop replying to his posts and maybe he will go away and try a different hobby!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store