Changed My Lighting Up Today!

Breezyod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2013
South Carolina
So my Aqueon T8 Full Spectrum bulb went out today, so I went to get a new light from Petsmart and decided why not try a different type of bulb. I got a Aqueon Colormax 24"L 17 Watt T8. This light seems to have actually made my Green Terror and Jack's colors pop a little bit more or made it so I notice it more, and I really like the look more then the Full Spectrum bulb that was EXTREMELY bright. With the Colormax bulb I have also noticed that both of my fish seem to be more chill and not all over the place which is a huge plus in my book. Figured I would just share this and see what everyone else s thoughts are on lighting. Any advice for a top for a 90gallon? I have literally just the tank and am currently building the stand for it so some input into what kind of light and lid would be great for that also.

Castlk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2013
Long Island, New York
I have the Colormax 48" Bulbs in my 90. I tried the Full Spectrum but didn't like the results, too cold looking and takes the color out of the fish. The Colormax has a nice warm glow and makes the colors of the fish pop nicely.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store