Help please- Stingray Bloat on one side

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I know this has been a topic that I have seen more than once. someone should know if it passes or what is the best action to take. Please help.
Now I have someone near me that is seeing it first hand. As always the first thing everyone says, whats the water, well do not worry I got it for you, amon-0 nitri-0 nitrate-40 ph-stable as always for our area.
Last food was yesterday some talapia which was defrosted then in fridge for a couple days then fed, the rays all chowed down on it but the bass were a little picky and didn't eat it for some reason, smelled normal for fish and person didn't think much about it till they say bass not eat. Didn't notice till tonight when went to feed and ray was on glass threw in pellets to feed as ray is very active came off glass and then stopped pellets and now we are here asking for some help,

So one side is bloated on the back,

Thoughts- Food might have been bad, gas build up now at this point,

Action- Salt, meds, looking for advice, starve ray for a while

Here is a borrowed picture, similar same thing is seen with the ray of concern.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
They usually pass it themselves. I wouldn't feed for a couple of days and I would add a half dose of epsom salt to the tank- 1 tablespoon per 10 gallons. Give it a couple of days and see if it gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
ya my thought was the epsom salt, I know peas works well with allot of fish (cichlids) so I was thinking that might be an option as well for the ray, stuffing peas vs pellets lol

Reedmaster16

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2005
Ohio
I wouldn't stress too much. I have a very aggressive feeding female leo that just had this happen last week.

I took a day off from feeding and it slowly went back down after a day or two.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I hope so, everyone knows its not fun having any little thing happen when its a really nice ray.

I wouldn't stress too much. I have a very aggressive feeding female leo that just had this happen last week.

I took a day off from feeding and it slowly went back down after a day or two.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store