Black spots on my retic

henny69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
essex
I have a pair of 5inch retics this morning I noticed one had a patch of black spots on the upper side of its left wing. My water is 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite and 20ppm nitrate. I test my water twice a day and it is a mature tank and filters. They are both very active and eating like pigs. I have tried to include a photo but the spots are impossible to see due to the fishes pattern. I had to remove a snail from the fish two nights ago. Could that be enough to remove the mucus and form an infection????? Any help would be fantastic as I dont want either to suffer.

henny69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2012
essex
I have a pair of 5inch retics this morning I noticed one had a patch of black spots on the upper side of its left wing. My water is 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite and 20ppm nitrate. I test my water twice a day and it is a mature tank and filters. They are both very active and eating like pigs. I have tried to include a photo but the spots are impossible to see due to the fishes pattern. I had to remove a snail from the fish two nights ago. Could that be enough to remove the mucus and form an infection????? Any help would be fantastic as I dont want either to suffer.
Both fish are feeding well and very active 24 hrs later. The spots are not looking any worse but any input would be fantastic.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
lol, a snail wouldn't even survive for minutes... Pls post a pic, maybe zoom it for precision.

knirper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2013
Netherlands
If a ray is still eating, it isn't bothered by it. Keep good track of the water and maybe do a big water change just in case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store