Is this a good light for a reef tank

CrazyLegz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bay Area,CA
Just setup a 20 gallon sw tank yesterday...need to find an affordable light...I was browsing thru amazon.com and found this...I will be starting with zoas and palys and if successful mostly likely do mussas and acros too...will this light work for all of them and possibly more

Sent from my SPH-L900 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1377483456138.jpg

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Your going to need the dimmable unit over a 20 gallon tank or you will be bleaching your corals. You will have to be very careful of you get the non dimmable unit. Place it up really high or something

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CrazyLegz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bay Area,CA
Thanks...it says place 10" above tank and comes with a hanging kit...is there a light that will be great for my corals but wont break my pockets???

CrazyLegz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bay Area,CA
Thanks so much...those are all in my budget...which one is the best of the 3?

Eyebedam

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Makin a Poo
Those would work. However most of the folks really in reef are using e LEDs I linked.. Apt of them are the same with just different stamped housings.

CrazyLegz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bay Area,CA
Just doing a 24" 20g for now to see of I like it...if im successful ill definetly be upgrading...I already have a coralife dual lamp that ive had for awhile now 1 10k bulb and 1 acitinik bulb...will that work for now for zoas palys and maybe some acros and mussas??

CrazyLegz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bay Area,CA
Heres what it looks like now...still have a few things to do to it like arrange the rocks...I just threw them in there...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store