thornback guitarfish

Whisenhunt88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2013
ohio
Has any one had this in there tank looks like a pretty hardy fish and doesn't get extra large just having a hard time finding any one with this guy in there tank
Thanks for the help;)

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Moving to the SW sharks/rays section for you.
Thornback guitars (Platyrhinoidis triseriata) are very similar to most guitar species. Sometimes they are tricky to get eating when first brought in. Once you get passed that hurdle, guitars are very fun to work with.

Whisenhunt88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2013
ohio
Moving to the SW sharks/rays section for you.
Thornback guitars (Platyrhinoidis triseriata) are very similar to most guitar species. Sometimes they are tricky to get eating when first brought in. Once you get passed that hurdle, guitars are very fun to work with.
Have you had any problems housing your sharks/rays with other fish most importantly large angels read up that some may pick on them or even go as far as picking there eyes?

Marlin85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
Florida
Have you had any problems housing your sharks/rays with other fish most importantly large angels read up that some may pick on them or even go as far as picking there eyes?
I have had horrible results with keeping angels with rays and sharks, mostly rays they. They almost always pick at their backs while resting on the sand bed just being curious and wondering if its food. Usually results in a dead ray, in my experience anyway.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL

Unless the display is HUGE, I avoid any grazers and rays. They do tend to go after eyes and disc edges.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store