Skittish Ngt.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I bought a 2-3in ngt and he's been in my 75g since last weekend. I added two tinfoil barbs, and two silver dollars to help him be more out going but I haven't seen him eat or come out of his hiding spot since I put him in. Any suggestions on helping this guy feel more at home?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hopefully he just needs time to settle in before he feels comfortable enough to venture about.What have you been trying to feed it?

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
I bought a 2-3in ngt and he's been in my 75g since last weekend. I added two tinfoil barbs, and two silver dollars to help him be more out going but I haven't seen him eat or come out of his hiding spot since I put him in. Any suggestions on helping this guy feel more at home?
Its only beem a few days!
2-3 inch is a very small and young ngt. I bet you have a lot of hiding spaces also... which will encourage it to take longer to come out and display..
Once its eating alot more it will come out more. They are a great fish to own. I do miss having the ngt fish

Best thing to do is to get it eating well.. chopped prawns muscles amd try pellets.
You could tske hiding spots out... but its so small it will just hide behind the pipes anyway

Lovethemfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2012
Maryland
That ngt you got had been eating pellets that my bass didn't finish eating.
You may want a smaller sizes peacock bass that takes pellets already so when it takes the pellets and have crumbs leftover falling on the bottom of the tank.
I have 2 small Orino in the same tank to get them on pellets.
As of right now the last one I have kept for myself is fully pellet trained but still hiding in the corner.
If you're there they won't eat. They'll only eat when you're not in the room.
Keep the light one and leave with food in the tank they will eat when you're not there.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Hopefully he just needs time to settle in before he feels comfortable enough to venture about.What have you been trying to feed it?
bw

Its only beem a few days!
2-3 inch is a very small and young ngt. I bet you have a lot of hiding spaces also... which will encourage it to take longer to come out and display..
Once its eating alot more it will come out more. They are a great fish to own. I do miss having the ngt fish

Best thing to do is to get it eating well.. chopped prawns muscles amd try pellets.
You could tske hiding spots out... but its so small it will just hide behind the pipes anyway
Thanks bro

That ngt you got had been eating pellets that my bass didn't finish eating.
You may want a smaller sizes peacock bass that takes pellets already so when it takes the pellets and have crumbs leftover falling on the bottom of the tank.
I have 2 small Orino in the same tank to get them on pellets.
As of right now the last one I have kept for myself is fully pellet trained but still hiding in the corner.
If you're there they won't eat. They'll only eat when you're not in the room.
Keep the light one and leave with food in the tank they will eat when you're not there.

Thanks Tj, I've tried feeding bloodworm cubes, I toss a few in and leave. I'll try tossing in a few pellets too and give him more time to settle.

Lovethemfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2012
Maryland
bw

Thanks bro

Thanks Tj, I've tried feeding bloodworm cubes, I toss a few in and leave. I'll try tossing in a few pellets too and give him more time to settle.
Try crush up some hikari food sticks
Have them sink to the bottom.
It should take it cause that's what it was doing before you got it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store