Alright So...

Chuncan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Corralitos, CA
Its been a while since I last posted. Goodto be back. Anyways I'm in the Navy and my barracks is woefully unfurnished. To the point where an admiral came in to inspect it and told us that he was bored with it. So they asked for suggestions. Naturally, being a big fish tank advocate I volunteered to do a fish tank. I have some ideas about what to do but I'd like some extra input. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Its been a while since I last posted. Goodto be back. Anyways I'm in the Navy and my barracks is woefully unfurnished. To the point where an admiral came in to inspect it and told us that he was bored with it. So they asked for suggestions. Naturally, being a big fish tank advocate I volunteered to do a fish tank. I have some ideas about what to do but I'd like some extra input. Any suggestions?

Since your in the navy how about doing like a nice big shark tank

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I think first thing to consider is in the long term, whos going to be responsible for the tank...

If for example you will be taking care of it for say the next 10 years, then sure a Shark tank could be considered... but if you'll need to rely on basically non-fish keepers to help take care of the tank, maybe a better idea to go with more hardy types of fish...

Any idea how big they might be willing to go?

Chuncan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Corralitos, CA
I am not at all opposed to a shark tank. And yeah since I wont really be spending the majority of my time on base really only between 4-9 month deployments I'll be relying on my shipmates on other ships to take care of them fabulous creatures. And the amount of space we have in the lounge is quite large I'd say a thousand gallon tank could fit quite comfortably in the corner. As for costs, I've already paid my all bills off and am single so I have the cash and theres about 230 ish other sailors that make the same pay as me. So a 10 to 50$ donation from these people would not be out of the question in the startup of this tank.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I guess if your shipmates would be as dedicated to the tank as you, i could see it working out...

Money aside, i would imagine a step by step guide would be needed for how to run and maintain the tank + fish...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
well think of the fish and the tank's future who would maintain after your service and is it something that others will know who to maintain. On a side note thank you for your service :)

mr.reef24

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store