Dat compatability question

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Hello, this is my first time on the dat forum, usually on the cichlid one. I am considering getting either a indo or a thinbar, both are about $40, the thinbar is 2" and the indo is 3". Is this a good deal on either of these? Also do the different types of dats have different personalities and which one, if either would be most compatible with semi-aggressive cichlids? I know that they grow slow but I am considering slow growing cichlids or wait until the dats are larger before combining them. I've heard different things over the years, tfh magazine said that they are very aggressive and can only be kept with puffers, with the puffers winning any disputes and "Baensch Aquarium Atlas" lists them as being tolerant of each other but defensive with others. Both of these sources are sort of old, but I doubt that their personalities have changed. Now I hear a lot of people stating that they are rather timid and should not be kept with active or more dominant fish. Excuse the essay but I just want to get to the truth. BTW it would at least be a 240 gallon.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
Ntt are typically more shy than it's. Datnoids are more aggressive to their own species than any other. Unless it can fit in their mouth, they generally leave other fish alone. You can keep one Datnoid or a group of 3 or more, never just 2.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store