Mixing featherfins

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
As of right now I got a 200g tank and the occupants are (6) 4-5" benthochromis tricoti's, (3) 4" kelisa's, (4) 2-3" gold compressiceps. I was wondering if adding (5) 2" opthalmotilapia ventralis Is a good idea? Our should I just stick them in a 125g? I'm wondering if the ventralis even though smaller will punk the tricoti's? Here's a shot of the tank as if right now. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1377696326115.jpg

swk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2009
Sonoma county
ventralis are little jerks. I think you'd probably be ok, but be prepared to move them if they start to hassle your benthos.

Awesome tank! I have a 180 with foai, cyp micros, benthos and a calvus pair. It's probably my favorite tank right now

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
Thanks! Or should I stick some moliro fucifers in the 200? Keep the ventralis in a 125? Because I really would not want to have to remove them if they get it out hand.

swk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2009
Sonoma county
That mix works well for me. My only concern would be having enough floor space for both the foai and enantiopus to show their nest building and breeding behavior

Unattended Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2010
near but far
The far end of the tank has about 2 1/2' -3' of bare sand area hope that's enough... But yeah I think I'm gonna move my moliro's when they get big enough, as of right nw they are only 1"-1.5". Any recommendation of catfish or can a pleco go in there? Don't know what would be better... Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store